The newest trend in how people take their coffee is no longer some cream and sugar but instead, a slab of butter. Now, instead of using cream people are replacing it with butter and many say it’s the best thing ever. While it might sound strange at first, we’re going to discuss the reasons why you just might want to try out this newest trend.
It’s highly likely that you’re skeptical but the fact is that not all butter is bad. We recommend that the only kind of butter you should use in your coffee is butter made from cows that are grass-fed. The unsalted brand that is very common is called Kerrygold and it’s one that most will be able to easily find in stores. But you might be wondering why it’s important to use grass-fed butter.
Until the last half-century, all cows roamed the fields and fed off the grass. But several decades ago it was found that by feeding them soy or corn they would fatten up more quickly and so now it is more common for cows to be fed those grains rather than being allowed to roam open fields of grass. The milk the cow produces is considerably different for those fed grains and those allowed to eat grass. Discover the following five reasons why you should seriously consider using this type of butter in your coffee in place of milk or cream.
- Cows fed on grass produce a high-quality milk that has many healthy fats and properly regulated cholesterol. It has a balanced ratio of a mega 3 and omega-6 fatty acids and a decent source of vitamin K. These all help to reduce any risk of heart disease.
- Both the body and the brain uses the healthy fats found in this butter to help create hormones and cell walls. Butyrate is now believed to help prevent neurodegenerative diseases, it is a good anti-inflammatory and increases a person’s energy.
- Many common breakfast foods trigger the body’s mechanisms into storing the food as fat but this type of butter does the opposite. It invigorates the body’s system that allows it to better utilize food for energy and helps the body to release fat from its cells and either burn that for energy or otherwise dispose of it from the body.
- A good cup of joe along with this butter will fuel a person’s energy for up to 6 hours without the usual lull that happens around mid-morning for most. Those that want to amp it up even further can add coconut oil which gives the coffee even more healthy fat and will help it produce ketones which makes the body burn fat instead of carbs.
- You can actually skip breakfast by simply adding 2 tablespoons of butter or MCT oil in your coffee instead of just one to replace the morning meal. That makes this a perfect solution for those who are busy and ordinarily skip breakfast.
This blend makes coffee taste deliciously creamy and most can feel an immediate energy boost. Those that want to go all out with this drink may want to consider adding the highest quality coffee beans and MCT oil.This oil has demonstrated its ability to boost the brain’s focus. If typical breakfast meals and your morning cup of joe just isn’t getting it done for you anymore, then this may well be the perfect choice for you.